<$BlogRSDUrl$>
 
  STANDARD  DEVIANCE  σ
   Mocking the World since 2003
 

Friday, February 27, 2004

They Laugh Alike, They Walk Alike, At Times They Even Talk Alike 



Excerpts from last nights Democratic Debate moderated by Larry King.

On Gay Marriage
KERRY: I think, in fact, that no state has to recognize something that is against their public policy. And for 200 years, we have left marriage up to the states.

EDWARDS: I believe that this is an issue that ought to be decided in the states. I think the federal government should honor whatever decision is made by the states.

On Special Interests
KERRY: I am the only United States senator who's been elected four times currently serving who has never accepted political action committee money in any of my races for the United States Senate. No checks from those interests.

EDWARDS: Senator Kerry made this point about himself. I've never taken money from a special interest PAC, myself.

On Running Together
KING: Would you run with John Kerry?

EDWARDS: I think an Edwards-Kerry ticket would be powerful.
(LAUGHTER)
And that's the ticket that I think we should have.

EDWARDS: He certainly should be considered. He's a very, very good friend

KERRY: I want to thank him for the consideration. I appreciate it.

On The Love They Feel For Each Other:
KERRY: I think he's a great communicator. He's a charming guy. I like him very much. He's a good friend of mine.

EDWARDS: I mean, he's a good man. He's a good candidate. He'd make a good president. And I'd be the first to say that.

Complete Transcript: Democrats Participate in Calif. Debate [WP]


Welcome to
Standard Deviance.
Today's specials are humor and satire.

Main
About
Email
AIM
RSS Feed
Atom Feed
Looking for standard deviation? Click Here

Variance

Variance is down. Sorry.
 

Information

Other Deviants


Archives


December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004

Credits



 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
 
Subscribe with Bloglines
 

 

 
2RSS.com :: RSS directory