<$BlogRSDUrl$>
 
  STANDARD  DEVIANCE  σ
   Mocking the World since 2003
 

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Addiction is Not a River in Egypt 

Ronald Harwood, author of The Pianist screenplay and award winning playwright, has backed out of directing a play in Winnipeg. Why, you ask? Winnipeg has a city-wide ban on smoking in public places. To explain his choice, he said "I had no intention of allowing myself to be forced out into the street in winter to partake of one of my great pleasures."

You stand up for your great pleasures, Ronald! A few years ago I was offered a career advancing opportunity in London. However London has banned kitty-strangling, a great pleasure of mine, and so I said "No! I will not give up my great pleasure!" On further reflection, however, I realized that strangling kittens was a very pathetic thing to base my life around, the screeches of the dying kittens were upsetting those around me, and my arms were beginning to bleed from all the scratches. Thus I gave up kitty-strangling and I pursued the career-advancing opportunity in London. It's true that occasionally I will sneak into an alley and strangle another kitty, but I no longer let it run my life. But you stick by your principles, Ronald!

Director pulls out over smoking ban [Ananova]

Welcome to
Standard Deviance.
Today's specials are humor and satire.

Main
About
Email
AIM
RSS Feed
Atom Feed
Looking for standard deviation? Click Here

Variance

Variance is down. Sorry.
 

Information

Other Deviants


Archives


December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004

Credits



 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
 
Subscribe with Bloglines
 

 

 
2RSS.com :: RSS directory