<$BlogRSDUrl$>
 
  STANDARD  DEVIANCE  σ
   Mocking the World since 2003
 

Monday, May 10, 2004

Blogger, You've Done Me Wrong 

Damn you Blogger, you were like the Pabst Blue Ribbon of the blogosphere: You were crappy but we used you anyway because you were cheap and basic. But now you've sold out in order to provide "better service". How typical. Finding Blogger was like finding a super cool T-Shirt at a vintage store but discovering it had pitstains under the arms. Even though you knew you could get something similar and pitstain-free at Urban Outfitters, you wanted the smelly pitstained original. Blogger was the original.

Blogger was ghetto fabulous. No, we didn't have separate pages for our posts, and who needed them. Embedded comments, screw that, a pop-up window looks "grittier". Site feeds, no need, if those readers won't come straight to my blog, I don't want them. But now there are all these fancy-shmancy interfaces on the Blogger system. What's with this actually-answering-my-questions crap? I'm used to reading the Blogger Knowledge Base over and over and finally going to the Blogger forum to have people tell me "You can't do that on Blogger." Oh Blogger, you've ruined my blogging street-cred with your shiny icons and new-fangled permalink URLs. At least you didn't include categorized archiving or trackbacks so my blog will remain shabby chic as it is still technologically inferior to the Movable Type blogs. I guess I should have seen this coming when you gave me a Gmail account for no reason. But Blogger, if you're going to upgrade again, can you give me a heads up so I can move over to Upsaid of LiveJournal? Because you're ruining the crappy blogging that makes Standard Deviance great.

The Great Blogger Relaunch [Blogger]
Google revamps blogging service [BBC]

Welcome to
Standard Deviance.
Today's specials are humor and satire.

Main
About
Email
AIM
RSS Feed
Atom Feed
Looking for standard deviation? Click Here

Variance

Variance is down. Sorry.
 

Information

Other Deviants


Archives


December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004

Credits



 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
 
Subscribe with Bloglines
 

 

 
2RSS.com :: RSS directory