<$BlogRSDUrl$>
 
  STANDARD  DEVIANCE  σ
   Mocking the World since 2003
 

Thursday, April 22, 2004

The Blog and the Beautiful 

Blue Jake has an innocuous little post about an elite blogger gathering at Waikiki Wally's. The post (minus the photos) is as follows:
I had a bad experience at Lucky Cheng's back in 2000 ("When Drag Queens Attack!"), so I've never felt all that comfortable hanging out at Waikiki Wally's. I mean, it's not that I expect my East Village bars to keep it real, but the faux Hawaiian decoration is just a little too much for me to process- especially after three or four Pina Coladas. Of course, the place is not all bad. In particular, I like the tuna tartare appetizer, the scantily clad waitstaff, and the bathroom tiles.
Sounds like a nice spur-of-the-moment night out in famous bloggerville. You can imagine my surprise when I read on Jason Calacanis' blog that this fete was actually a Weblogs, Inc dinner. Why hide the true meaning of the outing, Jake? If we travel back in time, we can see that all the Denton party photos were clearly labeled as such on Blue Jake. Why not label this outing as a WIN activity? Are you afraid that if you are seen at official WIN dinners you will no longer be invited to the infamous Denton bashes (where is that damn invitation!)?

Tune in next week for another episode of The Blog and the Beautiful

Related Posts I am obviously a stalker given there are so many of these.
Morning Buzz Roundup
Last Post About Kinja, I Promise
Memo to Calacanis: It's Not All About You
What's the Big Deal about Kinja?
Blog Drama: Episode 3a
Blog Drama: Episode 3
Blog Drama Gets Even More Funnier
Ooh, Ooh, Blog Drama! Fun!

Welcome to
Standard Deviance.
Today's specials are humor and satire.

Main
About
Email
AIM
RSS Feed
Atom Feed
Looking for standard deviation? Click Here

Variance

Variance is down. Sorry.
 

Information

Other Deviants


Archives


December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004

Credits



 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
 
Subscribe with Bloglines
 

 

 
2RSS.com :: RSS directory