<$BlogRSDUrl$>
 
  STANDARD  DEVIANCE  σ
   Mocking the World since 2003
 

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Love to Link You Baby 

I slaved all night over a hot stove yesterday preparing a lovely post for my readers only to have the post overheat and explode, thus I am without my usual wittiness today. So, as I always do when I'm desperate, I present you with some linkage. Enjoy.
  • It appears that as I was passed over for the New York Post article on female bloggers, I have been similarly passed over by the WYSIWYG Talent Show featuring "The Hottest Women of Blog". It is true the event consists of female bloggers sharing their "first time" stories, which thus requires the blogger to write about herself, something I am not particularly good at nor inclined to do. It is also true that to be considered for this reading the blogger needed to submit a piece beforehand which, of course, I did not. But still, there seems to be something fundamentally wrong with a group that does not include Standard Deviance being crowned "The Hottest Women in Blog". Despite this large LARGE oversight, I will attend the reading to enjoy the lovely prose of Eurotrash, Nichelle, and Lindsay Lindsayism. However I will be sulking in the back with a large drink in my hand. I encourage you all to attend as well, if only to watch me fume. May 18, 7:30pm. [via Eurotrash]
  • Turns out the Democratic National Convention is giving press credentials to some bloggers. Maybe some of the New York bloggers will be able to storm the Republican convention. That'd be fun. [Boston Globe]
  • Bob Zmuda is planning a party for Andy Kaufman this Sunday with hopes that Andy faked his death and will return. Sunday is 20 years to the day that Andy "died" and Kaufman said that if he was faking his death he would return 20 years later. Tony Clifton will be there, one way or another. [WP]
  • The world's most famous racing sausage, Mandy Block of the Milwaukee Brewers, has decided to retire. Ms. Block was the woman inside the sausage costume that was hit over the head with a bat by Randall Simon of the Pittsburgh Pirates. Mandy's retirement has nothing to do with the sausage scandal; she plans on taking psychology classes. [AP]


Welcome to
Standard Deviance.
Today's specials are humor and satire.

Main
About
Email
AIM
RSS Feed
Atom Feed
Looking for standard deviation? Click Here

Variance

Variance is down. Sorry.
 

Information

Other Deviants


Archives


December 2003
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004

Credits



 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
 
Subscribe with Bloglines
 

 

 
2RSS.com :: RSS directory